Introduction to Community-based Tourism Project
Discover unknown East Thailand
The community-based tourism (CBT) initiative in the rural areas of East Thailand as presented in this document is part of the CBT project of the Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration (DASTA) – a Thai government organization with special focus on sustainable tourism development at community level in order to benefit locals. This project is a collaborative effort between DASTA and Thai Ecotoursim & Adventure Travel Association (TEATA).
This project aims to develop and promote community-based tourism (CBT) with special focus on the sustainability of tourism in different aspects including 1)Green Cultural tourism, 2) Green Agriculture tourism,3) Green Ecological tourism and 4) Green Healthy tourism. The greenovative tour programme are consequently designed to leverage the experience of travelers with special interest, and with environmental concerns, in local way of life and cultural insights.
The selected communities under this project include 8 villages from four provinces as follows:
1) Chon Buri province:
Benefits to locals:
This CBT project aims to promote sustainable tourism with fair benefits to local communities both economically, socially and environmentally in the long run. This does so by:
- promoting the capacity building and empowerment of the community CBT team through workshop, training, study trip, exchange etc.
- encouraging local people team to manage and operate tourism activities
- generating incomes to different people as supply and service providers
- enhancing a pride of local people in their natural/cultural heritage
- supporting environmental and cultural conservation efforts of locals
Tour operators, travel agents or organizations are recommended to contact TEATA for more information and details regarding the tour programmes and services. The contact address is given below:
Thai Ecotourism & Adventure Travel Association (TEATA)
Condo Space 608/10, B Building, Asok-Dindang Rd.,
Din Dang, Bangkok Thailand